Friday, February 24, 2012

Positive Communication

My husband and I were talking the other day and we figured that about 70% of the words that David hears directed at him are talking about love. The reason we figured this is because we are the ones who talk to him the most and about 70% of our talking to him is telling him that we love him. It is incredibly easy to tell a baby that you love him, it just seems to automatically come out many times a day without any attempt to force it or try to remember. I think that we need to channel that type of positive talking in our other close relationships. It doesn't necessarily have to be specifically talking about love but positive communication helps bond people. I know that for me, if I hear more positives than negatives from someone I feel closer to them, and more willing to give of myself in the relationship. Unfortunately the opposite is also true. This is why communicating positives is so important!

Some ideas for inserting more positives in your relationships:
Whenever you think a positive thought say it out loud
Anytime you think or feel negative make a list of 5 positives
Have a positive jar or notebook, every time you are thankful or positive write it in the notebook or on a slip of paper to put in the jar, every week go through the jar or notebook as a family
Write down the things you love about each other and keep it in a place you will see it often, add to it as you think of new things


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...