Monday, April 16, 2012

Diaper Wars Review 4: Luvs




Positives

Softness
Luvs diapers are very soft. Both the inside and outside are made of a very soft material. I would be fine with putting these on My Little Guy.

Absorbancy
Luvs are very absorbent. I did not have any problems with these diapers at all. Even overnight they held everything in.

Price
Prices are for size 1 diapers for equal comparison.
Walmart - Box of 300 diapers for $39.97 = $0.13/diaper
Amazon - Box of 264 diapers for $34.19 (with subscribe and save, free shipping) = $0.12/diaper
Target - Box of 264 diapers for $34.99 = $0.13/diaper

*Prices reflect the price at the time I checked, they will vary. I am not  responsible for difference between these prices and current prices.



Neutral

Fit
This diaper is similar to Pampers in that it is not stretchy around the top edge. Only the part near the velcro tabs is stretchy. The only issue is that these diapers are not as big as the Pampers Swaddlers so the baby may outgrow each size a little sooner than they would with the Swaddlers (the only reason this is a problem is that the diapers get slightly more expensive per diaper the bigger they get, so it is better to stay in the smaller sizes longer). The legs are very stretchy, just like all the other diapers I have tried. And there is plenty of room in the bottom for filling





Deals
If you go to Luv's website you can sign up for coupons to be sent to you. I just signed up so I will let you know what I receive :)

edited to add: I did recieve a coupon for $1 off  a package of diapers that I took to target and bought a pack. It came out to $0.11 per diaper so good price. Definitely worth signing up for if you are going to use Luvs!

Blowout Rate
My Little Guy stopped having blowouts before we got to trying Luvs so I didn't get to rate this.


Negatives

Wetness Indicator
Luvs diapers do not have a wetness indicator.

Rewards Program
Luvs doesn't have a rewards program.


Conclusion

I would say that these are a winner. They are a good quality diaper. They are slightly lower quality than Huggies and Pampers but they are definitely a good diaper and worth buying.  The positives definitely outweigh the negatives. The few negatives are not really important features at all. The difference in price more than makes up for the slight difference in quality.



Linked Up To:
Frugal Girls, A Pinch of Joy, Serendipity and Spice, Uncommon,




Other Posts to Check Out:
Diaper Wars
Diaper Wars: Huggies Little Snugglers Review
Diaper Wars: Pampers Swaddlers Review
Diaper Wars: Parent's Choice Review
Diaper Wars: Pampers Baby Dry Review
Diaper Wars: Up and Up Review

5 comments:

  1. I'm a Luvs diaper user.. I know they aren't as good as some of the other but like you said the price makes up for it.. good post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fascinated by random things as well -- think it is great that you are doing a comparison of diapers!! thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am glad that I can help other new moms in this way! And I do enjoy your linky party, I have linked up several of my posts and plan to continue!

      Delete
  3. I have had blowouts with luvs due to the lack of elasticity in the back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience. I have not had any problems with these diapers but Little Man stopped having blowouts so I couldn't test that (Not that I'm sorry he stopped :)

      Delete

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...