Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blast from the Past 9 - The Importance of Being Important

This series consists of notes that I wrote on facebook in the past. Enjoy reading my thoughts during my college years. Please comment but please be nice! Also please feel free to check out my other Blast from the Past Posts.


From October 2006


The Importance of Being Important

It is exactly one o'clock in the morning. I have no idea why I stayed up this late, I really didn't do much in the last hour. Well I guess maybe I did.
I finished an IM conversation with a friend. I made popcorn. I had a conversation on facebook. I worked with someone else trying to figure out myspace. I braided my RA's hair. I made hot chocolate. I had more conversations on facebook. and I got extremely frustrated with blogger.com because it wouldn't allow me to get on and do my homework.
So I guess I did do a lot in the last hour. It doesn't seem like much because most of it wasn't very important, but when I list it out like that it looks like a lot.
It is no longer exactly 1:00. It is now 1:06. Isn't it amazing how time flies? I mean one minute it is 1:00 and the next minute it is 1:06. Did you see that time just skipped 5 minutes. It is always amazing to me how much time I spend doing nothing. Well maybe not nothing, but not things of extreme importance either. I think that we as humans probably spend about half our lives, or more, doing things that do not matter in the long run. But then if you think about it, what does matter in the long run? Only the things that are eternal, like witnessing would be in the truly long run. Or maybe I should think of a shorter long run, like 20 or 30 years down the road. Then we could include doing homework and going to classes because they will help us get good jobs for the future. And I suppose that talking to your significant other could also be included in this, because you could be strengthening your future marriage relationships. So I guess the question is, What is important? For this, I cannot give you an answer right now, because I am too tired. If I feel like it I may post about it later. Or I may not because after all it might not be important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...