Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blast from the Past 24 - 25 deep questions, only answer for yourself if you really want others to know the real you :)

This series consists of notes that I wrote on facebook in the past. Enjoy reading my thoughts during my college years. Please comment but please be nice! Also please feel free to check out my other Blast from the Past Posts.


From April 2007


25 deep questions, only answer for yourself if you really want others to know the real you :)


25 Deep questions that will really tell you something about yourself. Not stupid questions like "What is your favorite pizza?"


1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
Looking into their eyes when telling them how I feel, I guess I feel that I have more responsibility for my own feelings than for others

2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. Why were you angry?
hmm, I can't think of a time when I was really REALLY angry, I mean I know I have been angry, but most of the time it is trivial, and I get over it pretty fast. I guess the closest was a few weeks ago a guy told me that he didn't like me like that, and I realized that he had kinda led me on, but that was more hurt than anger, and I have gotten over it by now

3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE PHONE CALL who do you call?
my family, hopefully they would all be in the same place at the time.

4. You are at the doctor's office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. What do you do?
umm, continue my life, I don't believe half of those prognosis anyways, and if it was true there is nothing I can do to stop it. I guess I would try to do anything that I hadn't done that I really wanted to, but the only thing that I can think of along those lines right now, is get married, but I wouldn't rush out and marry the next guy I saw, I would only marry someone who I was already planning on marrying, or at least thinking about marrying. By the way, in case some of you are getting the impression that my only goal in life, it is not, in fact I am in the process of writing down 50 goals for my life that will be published in my notes/blog when completed, so keep an eye out for that, but most of them can not be accomplished in 1 month

5. You can have one of the following two things: trust/love. Which do you choose?
Trust, love can develop out of trust, but love without trust is not love at all.

6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you save the dog?
yes, I would save the dog, what job is worth the guilt that would put on me?

7. You are unfaithful to your spouse/significant other. Do you tell him/her?
yes, but this is a unimportant question because I would not cheat on them in the first place.

8. Your best friend of the opposite sex confesses that he/she has feelings for you more then just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you do?
hmm, it depends, if I also have feelings for them I would see if we could start a relationship. If I did not have feelings for them, and didn't think I ever would then I would tell them the truth and not lead them on ,and still try to be friends with them. but if since I am the girl, and I do believe that love can develop out of friendship, and does not actually have to be there from the beginning, I would also allow him to pursue me if he wanted to.

9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give one year of your life. Do you do it?
hmm, this is tough, I do not know a whole lot of people who have died, except my Grandpa, and when he died he was really old and really sick. So I am thinking that I would probably not, but I have a good reason (I think). I do not think that my grandpa would want me to give up a year of my life for an hour of his, because I know I would not want someone to waste a year of their life, unless that hour would be life changing for me. What would he do with that hour? He was stuck in a hospital room, and all the people he loved knew he was dying well before he died, so we all got to say goodbye before that, and nobody showed up like 5 min late or anything, so that hour would not be incredibly meaningful, just another hour of pain and waiting. Also I know that my grandpa was a christian and he probably would have wanted to get to heaven that hour earlier, and not stay with his sick hurting body, I know I would.

10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
yes, I think so

11. Does love = sex?
no, definitely not, sex is an expression of deep, soul-connected love between man and his wife, but it is not love in and of itself.

12. Your boss tells your co-worker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your co-worker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company?
hm, I don't know I guess it depends on my situation. Is it talking about right now, as in I don't really have anyone to support and I do not have an incredible need for the money? How is the job market? Is there a high chance that I or the other person will find another job? Do I really like or hate the job? Was I planning on leaving or only working temporarily anyways? Anyays I really could not answer this question without more info.

13. When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? What did you have to tell the person? Was it difficult?
hmm, I am not sure, but I am sure that that time is coming up, because I am now reading the book Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend, and I am coming to realize that I live a somewhat boundary-less life, so I will have to start erecting some boundaries after I figure out how :)

14. What would be harder; for you to tell somebody you love them or that you do not love them back?
To tell them I love them, I think, I don't know, actually I guess it would be harder to tell them that I don't love them back because I don't believe in declaring my feelings until the guy has declared his, so I would already know that he loved me so that wouldn't be hard at all, but if I hurt someone by telling them that I didn't love them then that would really hurt me too.

15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
hmm, I think for me, right now, the hardest thing to give up would be facebook and myspace because that is how I stay connected with some people, and if I didn't have that I might lose some of my friendships

16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them?
hmm, when I told my family that I loved them today

17. If you're cross-eyed and have dyslexia can you read correctly?
well I don't think that cross-eyed actually affects your reading ability, but I could be wrong about that, but with dyslexia your words / letters get mixed up, so even though you can read it would be very difficult.

18. Imagine. It is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. Who do you wish was there with you?
my daddy, he always protects me

19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?
sure, if they needed it and nobody else knew how, I am certified but it has been years since I have been trained, hmm I should do that training again.

21. You are holding onto your grandmother's hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death?
well first of all I would probably not be able to hold on long enough to even think about this question, and I am really unsure that I could hold up my grandma with one hand, but anyways, hmm, I don't know I guess from a practical standpoint I probably wouldn't be able to lift my grandma high enough to get her to safety, so I would probably have to let her drop anyways, so I guess that would leave the baby, I might as well save it since I can't save my grandma. On an emotional standpoint, I have no idea.

22. Are you old fashioned?
yes, quite a bit actually.

23. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
umm, I can't remember an exact time, but I try to be nice to people all the time, and it is not very often that I expect anything back for it.

24. Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?
I think loved and lost, because true love is the emotion that is closest to that which God feels for us.

25. If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
hmm, when I was little I always said that I would wish for more wishes, but knowing that that is obviously not the point of this question, hmm, I guess if I could wish for one thing it would be that I grow closer to God, which at this point requires that I know how to grow closer to God, so I guess knowledge of how to grow closer to God would be my biggest wish right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...