Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Busy Day Recipes: Roasted Veggies

This is my easiest side dish. I make it when I need a quick and easy vegetable to serve with a meal. My husband loves it and my kids go back and forth on eating it (as is normal for a 2.5 yr old and 10 mo old). 



Roasted veggies

Ingredients:
Frozen veggies (I use broccoli, or mixed veggies, or green beans  because that is what I can find at our stores. This recipe also works for fresh veggies, but that will require some cutting, peeling, etc so that depends on your time
Oil of choice (I use olive oil)

Directions:
Spread frozen veggies on a cookie sheet with sides.
Drizzle with oil of choice. 
Sprinkle on salt. 
Put on top rack of oven with oven set to high broil. 
Cook until veggies are crisp around edges and browned/blackened to your liking. 

Notes:
I sometimes make 2 pans of these veggies or make these veggies with a meat (such as 2 Ingredient Coconut Chicken or Cheesy Swai Fish). To do that simply put all of the pans in the oven  with the meat on the lowest rack and rotate the pans until everything is cooked.



This recipe is paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, legume free, soy free, egg free, fish free, shellfish free, nut free, peanut free, sugar free, and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...