Tuesday, June 9, 2015

How do I feel about my body? #savoringtimewithGod

I am going through the devotional book Savor, by Shauna Niequist with my women's bible study. I thought the questions were so great and thought provoking that I wanted to share them and my answers with you. I would love to hear your answers in the comments or if you blog about them too please post your link in the comments!


June 5 p 169
Q. How do you feel about your body? Do you feel connected to it? Do you feel respect for it? How do you nurture it? How do you challenge it?
A. How do I feel about my body? Hmm this is an interesting question. I've never really thought about it. I think most of the time I feel that my body is just there. It just exists. It is what it is. Except when it doesn't work right or hurts, then I feel annoyed at it or whatever hurt it. A lot of times I groan from being achy but I still don't really think about my body. It is just there and it is me so why would I think about it as if it is something separate? So yes, I feel connected to it. (Shauna talks in the devotional about feeling disconnect between her body and her soul).

Do I feel respect for it? I'm not sure if I respect it, because like I said, it is me. I respect myself, I think we'll of myself so in that way I respect my body, because it is part of myself. I don't usually feel thankful for my body because it is just a part of me, like I said. But now I am thinking about several friends and family members who have bodies that don't work like mine do. Sure there are times when my body doesn't work the way I want it to, but I have full use of all my limbs so I should be thankful for that. Thank you God for my body.

How do I nurture it? Well I try to eat healthy. I sleep as much as my body and my kids and my schedule will let me. I don't do much exercise besides chasing 3 kids around. I need to stretch more, I get stiff a lot these days. I work outside in the garden with fresh air. I get as much peace as my kids will let me :). I don't know, is all that nurturing my body? It is nurturing me.

How do I challenge it? The same way I challenge the rest of me. I do what i think is good to do for me. Have I ever specifically challenged my body? Not that I can remember. Other than pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing. Does that count?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...